AFCAT Eligibility for Ground Duty Branch 2021
The AFCAT Stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. Through this, One has an option to join the Indian Airforce flying branch, technical branch as well as the ground duty branch etc. Here in this CPDA blog, we will see the details about the AFCAT Eligibility For Ground Duty Branch 2021 and will get to know the syllabus of the exam, that one has to prepare for the exam.
What is AFCAT Ground Duty Branch:
There are basically three branches in the Indian Airforce which is Ground Duty Branch, Technical Duty Branch and the Flying branch etc. Well, the technical duty branch is also a ground duty branch. The ground duty branch personnel are the one who operates everything on the ground either its related to the technical or the non-technical etc. In the ground duty. One can join the following sub-branches in the service:
- Administration Branch
- Education Branch
- Accounts Branch
- Logistic Branch
- Meteorology Branch etc
Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT Ground Duty Branch:
Here are some general eligibility criteria that one must have to appear for the AFACT Examination:
- A candidate must have done graduation to appear for this examination.
- If the candidate is in final year or final semester of his graduation are also eligible to apply for this.
- A candidate below the age of 25 years must be unmarried.
- Age Limit: The Age limit for the Ground Duty Branch in Indian Air force is between 19 years old to 26 years old.
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 26 years old on the date of commencement of the course.
- The age should not be less than 19 years old while applying for this.
Educational Qualification for Air force Ground Duty Branch:
There are two branches in the Ground Duty. One has an option for Technical as well as for the non-technical etc. Here are the details about both:
- For Ground Duty Technical: Degree from a recognized university in any stream With 60 % marks for
- Ground Duty Non-Technical: Degree from a government recognized University with Physics , Mathematics, chemistry, statistic, International Relation, Defence studies, Psychology, computer science, IT, Management , Mass Communication etc. with a 50% marks in aggregate all papers put together in Post.
AFCAT Ground Duty Officer’s Selection Process:
AFCAT Eligibility For Ground Duty Branch 2021: The Selection Process of the candidates in the Indian Air force for the officer’s entry is done in three phases:
- Written Examination
- AFSB Interview
- Medical Examination
The AFSB (Air force Selection Board) Interview is the toughest phase of selection. The written test is easy to clear as compared to the AFSB Interview. One will need to prepare better for this as well. Let’s see the details about the Syllabus of the written examination that one has to prepare for the examination etc.
AFCAT Syllabus for Technical branch (Ground Duty Technical):
The question will be asked in the EKT will be from Aeronautical Engineering (electronics, mechanics & computer science ).
- Mechanical Engneering
- Computer science Engneering
- Electrical & Electronics Engneering
Mechanical branch:- Engineering mechanics, thermodynamics, theory of machines, fluid mechanics, manufacturing science, mechanical science, machine drawing, automotive engineering, power plant engineering, industrial engineering, flight mechanics, aircraft structure, aerodynamics.
Computer Science Engineering:- Analog and digital electronics, computer network, network theory Design, switching Theory, Information technology, telecommunication, radar theory and instrumentation.
Electrical and electronics engineering:- electrical engineering, electronics device, microwave engineering, control engineering, Antenna and wave propagation.
AFCAT Syllabus for upcoming exam:
Here are the following subjects that one has to prepare for the AFCAT Written Examination:
- General Knowledge
- Numerical Ability, Reasoning and Military Aptitutde Test.
- Art and Culture
- International Current Affairs
- Basic Science
- Basic Grammar
- Fill in the blanks by choosing the appropriate word
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Testing of Vocabulary
- Decimal and Fraction
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams)
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time and Work
- Profit & Loss
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
- Odd One Out
- Venn Diagram
- Pattern Completion
- Dot Situation Analysis
- Blood Relation
- Missing Figures
- Figure Classification
- Coding and Decoding
- Spotting the Embedded Figures
- Sequencing etc
This is all about the AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Ground Duty Branch. To get more details about the latest vacancy or notification. Check the given link below:
FAQs For AFCAT Eligibility For Ground Duty
In order to become an officer in the Indian Airforce after the 12th, You can appear for the NDA Entry.
No, there is no entry in the Indian Airforce after class 10th. the minimum qualification is class 12th.
The age must be between 16.5 years old to 19 years old. There is no relaxation in this, it will be the same for all.
This blog was all about the AFCAT Eligibility For Ground Duty Branch 2021. I hope you got the complete details about this. To prepare for the Defence Exam, you can join the Cadets Point Defence Academy and get proper education and training about the exam, Interviews, Physical Fitness and Medical Fitness etc. You can check the official website www.cadetspointdefenceacademy.com to get details or to know more about the Institute.