Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE) is conducted two times a year named as CDS(I) and CDS(II) by the UPSE which is the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Air Force Academy (AFA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Officers Training Academy (OTA). The CDS Exam is conducted for the selection of the Officers into the Armed Forces. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the CDS 2 2022 Notification, Exam Date, Eligibility and Selection Process etc. Here are the complete details about the Combined defence service examination’s recent notifications.
Details of CDS 2 2022 Notification:
The CDS Entry is for the selection of the candidates into the Indian Armed forces as an Officer. Through the CDS Entry, One can join the Indian Air force, Indian Army and Indian Navy etc. The CDS Stands for Combined Defense Service Examination. All the candidates who are graduates in any discipline are eligible to apply for the CDS Entry. Recently, CDS Notification has been out. Here are the exam details:
|CDS Full Form||Combined Defence Services Exam|
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Services Exam (UPSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Language||English and Hindi|
Important dates related to CDS 2 2022 Notification:
Here are the CDS Combined Defence Services Exam dates along with the other important dates on the exam:
- Application Begin: 18/05/2022
- Last Date for Apply Online: 07/06/2022
- Last Date for Part II: 07/06/2022
- Complete Form Last Date: 07/06/2022
- Exam Date: 04/09/2022
- Admit Card Available: Before Exam
Total Number of Vacancy released in CDS 2 2022 Notification):
|Posts||Number of CDS Vacancy|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||200 Posts|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||32 Posts|
|Officers Training Academy (Men) (OTA)||275 Posts|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||45 Posts|
|Officers Training Academy (Non-Technical, Women) (OTA)||22 Posts|
CDS Selection Process 2022:
Officers in the Indian Armed forces are selected through the CDS Examination after graduation. The Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the three phases of selection. One will need to clear the following phases of selection:
- Written Examination conducted by UPSC
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination etc
A candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 20+2 level.
- To apply for the OTA, it is not mandatory to have Physics and Mathematics at 20+2. Candidates who passed with any stream are eligible to apply.
- A candidate who is in the final year or semester is also eligible to apply for this.
|Academies||Marital Status||Age Limit|
|IMA||Unmarried||19 – 24 Years|
|INA||Unmarried||19 – 22 Years|
|Air Force Academy||Unmarried||19 – 23 Years|
|OTA (Women)||Unmarried or Divorced||19 – 25 Years|
|OTA ( Men)||Unmarried||19 – 25 Years|
The age limit will be the same for all, No relaxation has been given to any candidate regarding their religion, caste or community.
CDS Written Exam Pattern:
Exam Pattern for Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy & Indian Air Force Academy etc
Exam Pattern of OTA (Officer’s Training Academy):
- The question paper would be asked in an objective format.
- Total time duration: 2 hours
- Total marks for OTA: 200
- Total marks for IMA, AFA, and INA: 300
- One mark for each answer.
- Negative marking is also there, 0.33 marks out of One will deduct for each wrong answer.
CDS Written Exam Syllabus 2022:
|English||· Spotting Errors Questions · Sentence Arrangement Questions · Synonyms & Antonyms · Selecting Words · Ordering of Sentence · Comprehension Questions · Ordering of words in a sentence · Fill in the blanks questions · Idioms and Phrases|
|General Awareness||· Economics · Physics · Current Affairs · Politics · Chemistry · Sociology · History · Defence-related Award · Geography · Environment · Sport · Biology · Cultural · Book · Statement · True/false|
|Mathematics||· Algebra · Arithmetic · Trigonometry · Geometry · Mensuration · Statistics|
All the candidates who would clear the written exam will proceed for the SSB Interview and then Medical Tests etc. All these rounds are tough to clear, One will need to prepare really better. The competition is too much. Must join the best academy where officers are for the education and training, as they can guide you better for this. For the best preparation, join the Cadet’s Point Defense Academy.
How to Apply for CDS 2 2022 Application form:
In order to apply for the vacancy, A candidate will have to visit the official website of the Union Public Service Commission and follow the process as said below:
- Union Public Service Commission UPSC Are Issued Combined Defence Academy CDS 2 Recruitment 2022 Notification and Invited Online Application Form for the UPSC CDS II Recruitment 2021 Candidate Can Apply Online for 18 May 2022 to 07 June 2022.
- Visit the official website and click on the flashing CDS notification and you will be redirected to the form page.
- Kindly Check and College All documents – Eligibility, ID Proof, Address Details, Basic Details.
- Kindly Ready Scan Document Related to Recruitment Form – Photo, Sign, ID Proof, Etc.
- Before submitting, the Application Form Must Check the Preview and All Column Carefully.
- If Candidate Required to Paying the Application Fee Must Submit. If You do have Not the Required Application Fees Your Form is Not Completed.
- Take A Print Out of Final Submitted Form.
Join the CPDA and get proper training and education about the CDS Written Exam and SSB Interview. The CPDA is one of the finest academies for defence exam preparation. We have well-trained instructors and teachers. Classroom education is just not enough, one will have to be mentally as well as physically well prepared. We use the different tricks to train our students and make them clear in the selection phase.
FAQs For CDS 2 2022 Notification
There is a total of 300 questions for the AFA, IMA and INA etc and 200 questions for the OTA (Officer’s Training Academy) etc.
Both men and women are eligible to apply for the CDS Entry 1/2022. Well, Women can appear for the OTA entry to join the Indian Army.
To apply for the Indian Naval Academy, The age of the candidate must be between 19 years old to 22 years old.
No, The Shortlisting of the candidates for the SSB Interview is done through the Written Examination. Clearing Written Exam is mandatory.