How to Join Air Force Academy
The Indian Armed Forces are known for the Training of the Officer. This Academy trains the cadets to become an officer in the Indian Air Force Service. There are many ways to join the Air Force Academy. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about How to join the Air force academy. We will get to know the details about the required eligibility criteria, Selection Process and all other related details.
One can apply for the entry available after passing after 12th, After Graduation or even after post-graduation etc. The required criteria to join the service is different but the selection process is a bit similar. Let’s see the details about each entry in details to join the Indian Air force Academy.
Ways to Join the Indian Air Force Academy:
There are many ways to join the Indian Air force Academy. This Academy is known for the training of the cadets to become an officer in the Indian Airforce. One can apply for the officer entry after passing 12th with Science, After graduation in any stream or after post-graduation etc. Here are the entries that one can appear for to join the Indian Air Force Academy.
- NDA Entry After 12th
- CDS Entry after Graduation
- AFCAT Entry After Graduation etc.
These are some famous entries to join the Indian Airforce Academy. There are some other entries as well like NCC Special Entry and some other Technical Entries. let’s see the details about these entries like its Required Eligibility Criteria and its complete Selection Process etc.
NDA Entry to Join AFA:
To join the Indian Airforce after 12th as an officer. This is the best entry. In this all, the SSB Interview is a bit tough to clear but to become an officer it is compulsory to clear. This interview is five days long and each day you will b tested in different manners through the different types of tests and activities. In short, the Selection process of NDA:
- Written Exam by UPSC
- Service Selection Board Interview (SSB Interview)
- Medical Test etc.
Eligibility Criteria required for NDA Entry:
To apply for the NDA, A candidate must have physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 10+2 level and age must be under 16 years old and should not be more than 19 years old.
- There is some relaxation in the age limit but that is only for the candidates who belong to any special region like Manipur etc.
- It is also important to be medically and physically fit to join the service.
- There is no special requirement for fitness. But one must be fit and fine. A body should not carry genetic or non-genetic diseases.
CDS Entry to Join AFA:
The Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the three phases of selection. One will need to clear the following phases of selection:
- Written Examination conducted by UPSC (www.upsc.gov.in)
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination etc
After clearing the CDS complete the selection phase. One will have to choose the desired wings that can be Indian Army, Indian Navy or Indian Airforce etc. The Wings are allotted on the basis of the marks scored in the Written Exam and SSB Interview. If you have scored enough marks. You can choose your desired wings. Candidates who will choose the Air force, they will be sent to the Indian Airforce Academy for the training.
CDS Eligibility Criteria:
- You can apply for the CDS examination only after graduation.
- If a candidate is in the final year of his graduation can also apply for this.
- The candidate must have at least 60% marks in his graduation.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics and have a degree in engineering/technical from any government recognized Institute.
These are the required criteria that are mandatory to have to apply for the CDS Entry. It will be the same for all, there is no relaxation has been given to anyone.
AFCAT Entry to join Air Force Academy:
You can join the Indian Air force in some other ways also like NDA, CDS, NCC Special entry etc. But through AFCAT Entry you can directly join the Air force. The Selection of the candidate through the AFCAT Examination will be done in three phases:
- Written Exam (www.afcat.cdac.in)
- AFSB Interview
- Medical Examination etc
Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT:
There is a way to join the Indian Air force after the 12th as an officer. That only needs PCM in class 12th to apply for the vacancy. Here are the details about the eligibility Criteria for AFCAT 2021 Examination:
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must have a graduation degree in any discipline with 60% marks.
- Candidates appearing in the final semester or year can also apply.
- The candidate should have physics and mathematics in class 12th
- Candidates below the age of 25 must be unmarried before the commencement of the course.
- The age limit is a bit different for each branch, Here are the details:
- Age limit for Flying Branch:- 20 to24 yrs years.
- Age limit for Technical and Ground Duty Officers:- 20 to 26yrs old.
The age limit will be the same for all the candidates. There is no relaxation has been given to any candidates regarding the Caste, Community or religion. In order to get exact details about this, check the official website because it keeps on changing every year.
NCC Special Entry:
The NCC Special entry is only for the person who has done NCC for three and has a “C” grade certificate. They can apply for the NCC Special Entry. The Selection will be done:
- Shortlisting of the candidates will be done through the marks scored in the Graduation.
- AFSB Interview (Air force Selection Board)
- Medical Examination etc
After the selection, One will be sent to the Indian Airforce Academy for the training. The training at the Indian Airforce Academy is for the duration of 2 years to 3 years etc.
Eligibility Criteria for NCC Special Entry:
- A Candidate must have passed Graduation in any stream with PCM in class 12th.
- Both men and women are eligible to apply for this entry.
- One must have an NCC C division certificate.
- The age of the candidate should not be less than 20 years old and it should not be more than 24 years old.
These are the ways to join the Air force Academy. There are no other vacancies to join the Airforce academy or to become an officer in the Indian Airforce after the 12th except NDA. After Graduation, You would have lot more options.
FAQs for How To Join Air Force Academy
No, It is mandatory to have passed class 12th PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) etc.
It is located in Dundigal, Telangana, India.
No, Smartphones are not allowed within the Indian Airforce Training campus, one can keep it with him but only can on the mobile phone during the routine outing.