How to join Airforce after Graduation
Indian Air Force (IAF) is a dream of many youths. Youths are inspired to join challenging and adventurous jobs. It takes a lot of courage and dedication to join the Indian air force and serve the country. Indian Air force is the 4th largest air force in the world with high technology and loyalty for ages. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the How to join Indian Airforce After Graduation.
Indian Airforce is one of the most demanding services among youths. One can join the service after passing class 12th with science. There are many opportunities to be a part of the service after passing class 12th as an Airmen or as an Officer etc. Here are the complete details about this that are shared by the CPDA (Cadet’s Point Defence Academy).
Ways to join Indian Airforce after Graduation:
There are a lot of students who wants to join the Indian Air Force but have no guidance and knowledge about how to join and what is the eligibility to join Indian Air Force. To join the Indian Airforce as an Officer after Graduation, one has more than one opportunity to join the service. There are some other opportunities as well but that is for the Airmen’s entry. So, here we will only take about the Indian Airforce Airmen’s entry. For the information regarding the airmen’s entry, Click on the article link given below:
After passing graduation, One has the following opportunities to join the Indian Airforce as an officer.
- CDS Entry
- AFCAT Entry
- SSC Entry etc
let’s see the details about each entry in detail and see the selection process and required eligibility criteria which are marked as mandatory to have to apply for the entry.
Combined Defense Service Entry:
The Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the three phases of selection. One will need to clear the following phases of selection:
- Written Examination conducted by UPSC (www.upsc.gov.in)
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination etc
CDS Eligibility Criteria:
- You can apply for the CDS examination only after graduation.
- If a candidate is in the final year of his graduation can also apply for this.
- The candidate must have at least 60% marks in his graduation.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics and have a degree in engineering/technical from any recognized Institute.
AFCAT (Airforce Common Admission Test) Entry (Best Way to join Airforce after Graduation):
You can join the Indian Air force in some other ways also like NDA, CDS, NCC Special entry etc. But through AFCAT Entry you can directly join the Air force. The Selection of the candidate through the AFCAT Examination will be done in three phases:
- Written Exam (www.afcat.cdac.in)
- AFSB Interview
- Medical Examination etc
Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT:
There is a way to join the Indian Air force after the 12th as an officer. That only needs PCM in class 12th to apply for the vacancy. Here are the details about the eligibility Criteria for AFCAT 2021 Examination:
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must have a graduation degree in any discipline with 60% marks.
- Candidate appearing in the final semester or year can also apply.
- The candidate should have physics and mathematics in class 12th
- Candidate below the age of 25 must be unmarried before the commencement of the course.
- The age limit is a bit different for each branches, Here are the details:
- Age limit for Flying Branch:- 20 to24 yrs years.
- Age limit for Technical and Ground Duty Officers:- 20 to 26yrs old.
The age limit will be the same for all the candidates. There is no relaxation has been given to any candidates regarding the Caste, Community or religion. In order to get exact details about this, check the official website because it keeps on changing every year.
NCC Special Entry:
The NCC Special entry is only for the person who has done NCC for three and has a “C” grade certificate. They can apply for the NCC Special Entry. The Selection will be done:
- Shortlisting of the candidates will be done through the marks scored in the Graduation.
- AFSB Interview (Air force Selection Board)
- Medical Examination etc
Eligibility Criteria for NCC Special Entry:
- A Candidate must have passed Graduation in any stream with PCM in class 12th.
- Both Men and women are eligible to apply for this entry.
- One must have NCC C division certificate.
- Age of the candidate should not be less than 20 years old and it should not be more than the 24 years old.
These are all the ways to join the Indian Airforce after passing graduation. I have also shared the details regarding how to join the Indian Airforce after the 12th. To see that, You can click on the given below:
I have just shared the basic information about each entry, To get detailed information, one must check the CPDA official website.
Yes, you can join as an Officer as well as an Airmen etc. One can apply for the NDA Entry or X and Y Group Entry etc
No, One must have passed class 12th with PCM.
After passing class 12th, one can apply for the Airforce X and Y Group Entry.
This blog was all about How to Join Airforce after graduation. I hope you got the complete details about this. To prepare for the Defence Exam, you can join the Cadets Point Defence Academy and get proper education and training about the exam, Interviews, Physical Fitness and Medical Fitness etc. You can check the official website www.cadetspointdefenceacademy.com to get details or to know more about the Institute.