How to join Airforce as an Officer after 12th
Indian Airforce is one of the most demanding services among youths. One can join the service after passing class 12th with science. Here in this blog, I will share with you the complete details about the How to join the Indian Airforce as an Officer after the 12th. There are many opportunities to be a part of the service after passing class 12th as an Airmen or as an Officer etc. Here are the complete details about this that are shared by the CPDA (Cadet’s Point Defence Academy).
Indian Air Force (IAF) is a dream of many youths. Youths are inspired to join challenging and adventurous jobs. It takes a lot of courage and dedication to join the Indian air force and serve the country. Indian Air force is the 4th largest air force in the world with high technology and loyalty for ages.
How to Join Indian Airforce after 12th
There are a lot of students who wants to join the Indian Air Force but have no guidance and knowledge about how to join and what is the eligibility to join Indian Air Force. To join the Indian Airforce as an Officer after the 12th, one has only one opportunity to join the service.
There are some other opportunities as well but that is for the Airmen’s entry. So, here we will only take about the Indian Airforce Airmen’s entry. For the information regarding the airmen’s entry, Click on the article link given below:
Ways to Join Indian Airforce as an Officer after 12th:
As I mentioned above as well, That is the only way to become Officer in the Indian Airforce after passing class 12th. The way is through the NDA Entry. The NDA Stands for National Defense Academy. Let’s see the complete details about this:
NDA (National Defence Academy)
You can join IAF through this exam which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year, that is in the month of July and December. One will have to clear the following phases:
- Written Exam by UPSC
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
Let’s see the required eligibility criteria required to appear for the Written Examination and then we will see the details about the SSB Interview and Medical examination etc.
Eligibility Criteria required for NDA:
- Your age must not exceed 19 ½ and must not be less than 16 ½ .
- Your nationality must be Indian in order toapply for this exam.
- Only male candidates can apply for this exam.
Educational Qualification Required for NDA:
- You must have 10+2 degree with Mathematics, Physics and English with aggregate 50% marks.
After clearing the NDA exam conducted by UPSC, students will go to Air Force Selection Board which is located in Dehradun, Mysore, Varanasi, Gandhinagar. The aim of AFSB is only to determine the potential of an officer in a candidate. Now, the selection is divided into two parts, which are as follows.
- This is a screening test in which candidates are short listed foe the next round. It involves Officer’s Intelligence Rating Test and Picture perception and Discussion test.
- After clearing the round 1, candidates undergo psychological tests, group tests which involves both physical and mental tests, Interview and computerized Pilot Selection System which is only for the Flying branch. The duration for these activities is 5 days.
NDA Medical Examination:
After clearing all the stages, candidates are called for the medical examination and it is said that the Air force medical examination is the toughest examination. You must be medically and physically fit.
- The height of the candidate must not be less than 152 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of north eastern region of India are given height relaxation of 2 cms.
- Permanent tattoos are only allowed on inner faces of forearm and reverse side of palm. On other parts of the body, tattoos arenot allowed.
- Candidate must be able to run minimum of 4 kms in 15 minutes, push ups and sit ups minimum 20 each, and swimming 25m.
- Visual standards for IAF is 6/12 uncorrected without glass, 6/6 corrected with glass, limites of Myopia is -1.5 and limits of Hypermetropia is +1.5.
I have shared the complete details about this. A Candidate who has passed class 12th with Science are eligible to apply for this Entry. To clear this, One will need to prepare very well for the Written Exam as well as for the SSB Interview.
For better preparation, you can take the help of the CPDA (Cadet’s Points Defence Academy). We have a team of Ex- Defense officers and Ex- Defense Examiners for the education and training. You will get proper guidance under brilliant teachers and officers. To know more, you can click on the given article link below:
This Blog is all about How To Join Airforce As An Officer After passing class 12th. If you have the aim of Joining defence, Join the Cadet’s Points Defense Academy (www.cadetspointdefenceacademy.com) to get trained well for your exams and interviews. We have a team of highly qualified teachers and Ex- Defence Officers for the training. Feel free to contact us for any query related to the Defence.