How to Join Army after Engineering
The Indian Army has many vacancies for candidates to join the service. There are many vacancies for the officer’s entry as well as Soldier’s Entry etc. Here in this article. I will share with you the complete delete about the Indian Army vacancies. Here in this article, we will get to know the complete details about How to join Army after Engineering. We will get to know the number of vacancies available, required eligibility criteria and its complete selection process etc.
Best Way to Join Army after Engineering:
The Indian Army is one of the most prestigious and groomed services. It is also known as the Third largest Army in the World. The Indian Army is the backbone of the nation. It is a very demanding profession among youths. Today I will guide you through our process and the types of entries you can make in the Indian Army after graduation. There are many options to join Army as a Soldier but has fewer options to be an officer in the service. In order to join the Army after Engineering. One can appear for the following exams:
- CDS (Combined Defense Service) Examination
- TGC (Technical Graduates Scheme)
- NCC (National Cadet Corps) Special Entry Scheme
These are the following entries by which one can become an officer in the Indian Army. Let’s discuss these topics in detail and understand their Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit and Selection Process etc.
Combined Defense Service Examination:
A candidate can apply for this entry right after graduation. This is also the best way to join the army after engineering. This Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice a year. There are some criteria’s to apply for this.
Eligibility Criteria of CDS:
- You can apply for the CDS examination only after graduation.
- If the candidate is in the final year of his graduation can also apply for this.
- The candidate must have at least 60% marks in his graduation.
Age Limit for CDS:
- For Indian Military Academy, A candidate age must be between 19-24yrs old.
A candidate will have to clear the three phases of tests and clearing each phase is mandatory. A candidate will appear for Written Exam which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and the candidate who would qualify for the Written Exam; will proceed for the SSB Interview and then Medical tests. So the selection process would be like this:
- Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Tests
Technical Graduates Scheme (Best Way to Join Army After Engineering):
This is one of the easiest entries in the Indian Army service, a candidate who has an interest in the technical field. They can join the army through this entry as a Technical Officer.
In this entry, A candidate will not have to appear for the Written Test, they would be directly called for the SSB Interview on the basis of their marks scored in the Graduation. The selection process of the Technical Graduate Scheme is pretty much simple.
Selection Process of Technical graduates Scheme:
- Apply for TGC online
- The army will declare the list of shortlisted candidates based on their degree percentage.
- Get the call letter for a Direct SSB Interview, if shortlisted.
- Attended five days SSB Interview process.
- Attend medical examination, it gets recommended.
- Wait for the all India merit list of TGC.
- Join Indian Military Academy, if Shortlisted and medically fit.
Eligibility Criteria required for TGC:
This entry is only for the candidates who have done the graduation in the field of Engineering. Let’s eligibility Criteria for the Technical graduates’ Scheme.
- Only Engineering graduates are eligible to apply for this post.
- Candidates who are in the Final year or in Final Semester.
Age Limit for TGC
- The age of the candidates for the technical graduates’ Schemes should not be more than 27 years and not less than 21 years old (21 years old -27 years old).
NCC Special Entry Scheme:
This is a special entry for the candidates who have done the NCC of Three years and have a ‘C’ with a minimum ‘B’ grade. Candidates who have a ‘C’ certificate only are eligible to avail of the benefits of the NCC Special Entry.
Selection Process through Special Entry
The selection of the candidate would be based on the marks scored in the Graduation degree, the candidate who would get shortlisted through this; they will be called for the SSB Interview and then medical tests. The selection process would be like this:
- Shortlisting of the candidates based on marks scored in graduation degree.
- SSB Interview
- Medical Tests
Eligibility Criteria for NCC Special Entry
- A candidate must have NCC ‘C’ certificate with a minimum B grade.
- A candidate must have done graduation in any field.
- The age of the candidate must be between 19 to 24 years old.
These are all the entries to join the Army after Engineering. You can check these entries in detail in our previous articles. There is also one more entry by which you can join the army as a Judge Advocate General. To get complete details about this entry, click on the link given below:
FAQs for How To Join Army After Engineering
Yes, there is some relaxation for candidates who wear glasses. You need to check the official notification to get details about it or Click Here
To join the Army as an officer after graduation. The candidate’s age must at least 19 years old and should not be more than 27 years old for OTA (Officer’s Training Academy).
Yes, there is no discrimination in the Indian Army. Women can become Officer, Soldier in the Indian Army.