How to Join Indian Airforce as an Airman
There are many ways to join the Indian Airforce. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about How to Join Indian Airforce as an airman. The Airforce X and Y Group Exams are conducted by the Air Force Selection Board. Through this exam, one can join the technical and Non-Technical Branches of the Indian Air force as an airman. The X group is for the technical entries while the Y group is for the non-technical entries. The vacancy is released together. Let’s see the details about the selection process, Eligibility Criteria Exam details etc.
How to Join the Indian Airforce as an Airman:
There are many ways to join the Indian Airforce. One can join the Indian Airforce as an airman etc. To become an airman, One has to clear Written Exam, PFT Medical Exam etc. After this, the All India Merit List will be prepared. This is the last phase of selection but plays an important role. On the basis of the performance in the Written Exam, Physical Fitness Test and Medical Exam. The All India Merit List will be prepared and only top candidates will be selected finally.
|Paper||Availability of Forms||Date of Examination|
|X & Y GROUP||Dec /Jan||March / April|
The Selection of the candidate for the Air force X Group (Technical) and Y Group (non-technical) is done in the following phases to join the Indian Airforce as an Airman.
- Stage 1: Online Examination
- Stage 2: Physical Fitness Test
- Stage 3: Medical Exam
- Stage 4: All India Merit.
Written Examination: The Online Exam is basically a written examination that would be conducted to check the basic and theoretical knowledge of the candidate. In the written exam, one will be asked for the following subjects:
- General Awareness etc
Physical Fitness Test: This test is conducted to check the candidate’s physical capacity. In the PFT, One has to appear for the following physical activities:
- 6 km of running to be completed in 8 minutes.
- Squats etc
Medical Exam: If you are not fit, it can stop you to join the Indian Airforce as an Airman. A candidate must be medically fit in all manner. The medical tests would be conducted under the guidance of the military doctors at the military hospital.
All India Rank: This is the last phase of selection but plays an important role. On the basis of the performance in the Written Exam, Physical Fitness Test and Medical Exam. It is tough to join the Indian Airforce as an Airman. The All India Merit List will be prepared and only top candidates will be selected finally.
Required Eligibility to join Indian Airforce as an Airman:
As you are already aware of the groups in the Airmen. There is X and Y group which is for technical and non-technical. The required criteria are different for this.
- A candidate must be an Indian.
- For X Group: A candidate should have passed class 12th with physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 50% mark or Three years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream.
- For Y Group: A candidate should have passed class 12th in any stream from the government recognized Board with overall 50% marks and 50% marks in English individually.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years old and it should not be more than 21 years old.
- There is no relaxation has been to any candidate, it will be same for all.
Make sure to have these criteria to join the Indian Airforce as an Airman. Here is the Written Exam pattern and written exam syllabus etc that one has to follow and prepare.
Airman Written Exam Pattern:
|Paper||Number of Questions||Max Marks|
|Reasoning and General Awareness (RAGA)||25||25|
Indian Airforce Airman Written Exam Syllabus:
- Sentence Improvement
- Reading Comprehension
- One Word Substitution
- Spot the Error
- Cloze Test etc
- Sets, Relations, functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Inverse Trigonometric functions
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equationss
- Sequence & Series (AP & GP)
- Binomial Theorem
- Coordinate geometry – Straight line
- Coordinate geometry – Circles
- Coordinate geometry – Parabola
- Coordinate geometry – Hyperbola
- Exponential Series
- Logarithmic Series
- Limit & Continuity
- Application of Differentiation
- Indefinite Integrals
- Definite Integrals
- Application of Integration
- Differential Equations
- Physical World & Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy & Power
- The motion of the System of particles & Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behaviour of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems etc
- Latest Current Affairs
- Indian Constitution
- Indian History
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Indian Politics
- Indian Navy & Military
- Books & Authors
- Sports, Awards, etc
How to prepare for Airforce Airmen Exam:
In order to join the Indian Airforce as an airman, One will have to perform better in all phases of selection. One needs to join the best academy to get proper education and training regarding the selection. You can join the CPDA to get proper preparation. We have a team of ex- Defense Examiners and Officers who give proper training and education to the teachers. We always use different tricks to train the candidates and make them able to clear the exam. We CPDA have:
- Well researched study material
- Regular physical training sessions
- Monthly unit test
- All India Mock test just before the AFCAT Examination
- Online test series
- Monthly Parent Teacher Meeting
- Doubt removal classes
- Orientation sessions
- Regular Interaction with selected candidates
- SSB Interview Classes
- Hostel Facility etc
Join the academy and get trained in a better manner to join the Indian Airforce as an Airman. There is nothing that we left in the preparation that could stop students from the selection.
FAQs For How To Join Indian Airforce As An Airman
One needs to have at least 17 years of age to apply for the Indian Airforce Airman vacancy.
No, Only male candidates are eligible to apply for the Indian Air force Airmen vacancy after the 12th.
There is one written exam which consists of English, mathematics, general knowledge & science and Reasoning etc.
Yes, after the written exam, one has to appear for the Physical Fitness Test which consists of Running, Push-ups, pull-ups etc and more.