How to Join the Indian Army as a Soldier
How to Join Indian Army as a Soldier:The Selection Authority releases the soldier’s vacancy every year. The soldier’s vacancy is very commonly reffered as Open Bharti Recruitment or rally bharti recruitment etc. The Rally Bharti is basically an open vacancy where one directly appears for the Physical fitness tests and then move for the other selection stages. Here are the details about the Selection stages that one needs to clear to join Indian Army as a Soldier.
Selection Process of Army Soldier:In order to join Indian Army as a Soldier. A candidate will have to appear for the following stages of selection, once their application form got selected:
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Test
- Written Exam etc
- Soldier (General Duty) (All Arms)
- Soldier (Technical) (Technical Arms, Artillery, Army Air Defence) Soldier (Clerk/ Store Keeper Technical )(All Arms)
- Soldier (Nursing Assistant) (Army Medical Corps)
- Soldier (Tradesman) (All Arms)
- Soldier (Nursing Assistant Veterinary) (Remount Veterinary Corps)
Required Eligibility Criteria:For each vacancy, there are some required criteria that have been set by the selection authority for recruitment. Here is the list of criteria that is required to have to apply for the Indian Army Open Bharti, A candidate must have passed class 10th or class 12th from any recognized board in India. Here are the details about the other posts that are offered through the same vacancy:
|Soldier General Duty||17½-21||10th Pass||Recruitment Rally|
|Soldier Clerk/Storekeeper||17½-23||10+2 Pass||Recruitment Rally|
|Soldier Tech||17½-23||10+2 Pass with Physics, Chemistry & Maths||Recruitment Rally|
|Soldier Nursing Assistant/Tech (RVC)||17½-23||10+2 Pass with Physics, Chemistry & Biology||Recruitment Rally|
|Soldier Tradesman||17½-23||10th/ITI and 8th pass(for Some Trades)||Recruitment Rally|
- Must have 50% marks for General and OBC candidates.
- And 45% for SC/ST candidates.
- And for the general candidates. If you are sports person of National level and obtained 1st, 2nd and 3rd position in any field of sports you will get relaxation of 5%
- Age Limits: The candidate’s age must be a minimum of 17.5 years old and the max-age is 23 years old.
- 1.6km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squats up.
- 10 push-ups etc
- The Height of the candidate should not be less than the 157cm
- Chest expansion should be 5cm and well proportioned.
- Weight should be standard as per your height.
- Hearing should be normal.
- Eyesight should be 6/36.
- A permanent body Tattoo is not allowed on any part of the body. If the candidate belongs to the tribal area community then tattoos are allowed only on the inner face and inner arms as per the central govt. Rule.
Army Soldier Pays and Allowances:-An average pay scale for soldiers is 21700/- (till date). and dearness allowance and would get other benefits also that would depend upon your duties and area of work. Here is the list of the following benefits that one gets in the service.
- Ration and clothing as per rule in vogue.
- Free medical treatment and government accommodations for self and family including dependent parents.
- 45days paid leave and 8 days casual leave in a year with the leave travel concession for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
- Contributory pension scheme and gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities post retirements.
Best Ways to join Indian Army as a Soldier:Well, there is no other way to join the Indian Army as a soldier. The selection is done through the Rally bharti recuitment. Yes, there are some special ways like Sports Quota Entry, NCC Special Entry etc. But, Normally One will have to appear for the Indian Army Rally Bharti Recruitment which is conducted almost every year. The selection is not easy at all. One must prepare better especially for the Physical Fitness Test as the selection is maximum dependend on that.
FAQs For How To Join Indian Army As A Soldier
Yes, The minimum required educational qualification is class 10th. If you have done a master’s and have an age between 17.5 years old to 23 years old, you can apply for entry.
Yes, there is no discrimination in the service regarding gender. Any candidate who is capable can apply for the vacancy.
A female candidate should not be less than 152cm to apply for the vacancy while for a male candidate, it should be at least 157cm.