How to Join the Indian Airforce Academy, Dundigal
Indian Airforce is one of the most demanding services among youths. One can join the service after passing class 12th with science. Here in this blog, I will share with you the complete details about How to join the Indian Airforce Academy after the 12th. There are many opportunities to be a part of the service after passing class 12th as an airman or Academy etc. Here are the complete details about this shared by the CPDA (Cadet’s Point Defence Academy).
Indian Air Force (IAF) is a dream of many youths. Youths are inspired to join challenging and adventurous jobs. It takes a lot of courage and dedication to join the Indian air force and serve the country. Indian Air force is the 4th largest air force in the world with high technology and loyalty for ages.
How to Join Indian Airforce Academy:
There are a lot of students who want to join the Indian Air Force but have no guidance and knowledge about how to join and what is the eligibility to join the Indian Air Force. To join the Indian Airforce Academy after the 12th, one has only one opportunity to join service.
There are some other opportunities as well but that is for the Airmen’s entry. So, here we will only take about the Indian Airforce Airmen’s entry. For the information regarding the airmen’s entry, Click on the article link given below:
Ways to Join Indian Airforce Academy:
As I mentioned above as well, That is the only way to become Officer in the Indian Airforce after passing class 12th. The way is through the NDA Entry. The NDA Stands for National Defense Academy. Let’s see the complete details about this:
NDA (National Defence Academy)
You can join IAF through this exam which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year, that is in the month of July and December. One will have to clear the following phases:
- Written Exam by UPSC
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
Let’s see the required eligibility criteria required to appear for the Written Examination and then we will see the details about the SSB Interview and Medical examination etc.
Eligibility Criteria required for NDA:
- Your age must not exceed 19 ½ and must not be less than 16 ½.
- Your nationality must be Indian in order to apply for this exam.
- Only male candidates can apply for this exam.
Educational Qualification Required for NDA:
- You must have a 10+2 degree in Mathematics, Physics and English with an aggregate of 50% marks.
After clearing the NDA exam conducted by UPSC, students will go to Air Force Selection Board which is located in Dehradun, Mysore, Varanasi, and Gandhinagar. The aim of AFSB is only to determine the potential of an officer in a candidate. Now, the selection is divided into two parts, which are as follows.
- This is a screening test in which candidates are short-listed for the next round. It involves Officer’s Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion test.
- After clearing round 1, candidates undergo psychological tests, group tests which involve both physical and mental tests, Interviews and a Computerised Pilot Selection System which is only for the Flying branch. The duration of these activities is 5 days.
NDA Medical Examination:
After clearing all the stages, candidates are called for the medical examination and it is said that the Air force medical examination is the toughest examination. You must be medically and physically fit.
- The height of the candidate must not be less than 152 cm. Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of the north eastern region of India are given height relaxation of 2 cms.
- Permanent tattoos are only allowed on the inner faces of the forearm and the reverse side of the palm. On other parts of the body, tattoos are not allowed.
- The candidate must be able to run a minimum of 4 km in 15 minutes, do push-ups and sit-ups a minimum of 20 each, and swim 25m.
- Visual standards for IAF are 6/12 uncorrected without glass, 6/6 corrected with glass, the limit of Myopia is -1.5 and the limit of Hypermetropia is +1.5.
I have shared the complete details about this. A Candidate who has passed class 12th with Science is eligible to apply for this Entry. To clear this, One will need to prepare very well for the Written Exam and the SSB Interview.
One can also join the Indian Airforce Academy after graduation. Click Here to know about the selection to the Airforce Academy after graduation.
FAQs For How To Join The Indian Airforce Academy
No, The Minimum qualification required to apply for the officer’s entry is class 12th with science.
No, One needs to have physics, chemistry and mathematics at a 10+2 level to apply for the NDA entry.
Right after the completion of the training, One gets somewhere between 54,000/- to 75,000/- depending upon the post and position etc.