How to join the Indian Army as a Doctor
The Indian Army has almost every department. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about How to join the Indian Army as a Doctor. Well, To be a doctor in the service. A candidate must have some required eligibility criteria that are mandatory to have. Let’s see the complete details about the procedure of selection in the Indian Army Service as a Doctor. Let’s see the complete details.
Well, there is no fixed vacancy released to join the Indian Army as a Doctor. A person will have to go through step by step process to reach there. Here in this blog, Our team of CPDA will guide you in every manner about How to become Officer in the Indian Armed forces whether it’s the Indian Navy, the Indian Airforce or Indian Army etc.
How to Join the Indian Army as a Doctor:
In order to join the Indian Army as a doctor, One will have to join the Indian Armed forces medical college. One can appear for the Armed force medical examination. The vacancy is released every year. One can become a doctor in the Indian Army or Indian Airforce or in the Indian Navy etc. One can choose the wings as per their interest and choice. The Selection in the AFMC (Armed forces medical college) is done through the following:
- Written Examination
- Medical Test etc
There are two types of selection offered in the service. One can join a Short Service Commission which is basically a time duration of 7-14 years in the service. And another one is the Permanent commission which is a duty period is till retirement. The Eligibility criteria required for both are different.
Short Service Commission:
The Short Service Commission is basically for those who have done medical education from civil medical colleges. A candidate who has done MBBS, BUMS or any medical Education can apply for the Short Service commission:
- A candidate must have a medical degree in MBBS, Post Graduate Diplomas or Post Graduates MD/MS, etc.
- Age Limit: There are no minimum Age Limit Criteria given on the official website.
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 45 years old.
The Selection of the candidates is done through the three phases of Exams. A candidate will have to appear for the Written Examination, SSB Interview and then Medical Examination, etc.
There is no fixed notification but it is released on the official website as well as in the local newspapers. It is released once or twice a year etc. I will update the CPDA blog as well whenever a fresh notification is released.
The Permanent Commission is basically granted to those candidates who complete their medical Education from the Military College. All the candidates who want to become a doctor in the Indian Army. They can apply for this right after the 12th. Here are the details related to the eligibility criteria required for the Permanent commission in the service.
- A Candidate must have done class 12th with PCB (Physics Chemistry and Biology).
- A candidate should not have scored less than 60% of marks in class 12th.
- Age Limit: The Age of the candidate must be between 17 years old to 22 years old.
- The age should not be more than 22 years and it should not be less than 17 years.
The selection process is complete the same, A candidate will have to appear for the Written test, Interview which is conducted by the Service Selection Board followed by the medical exam etc.
Eligibility Criteria Required to join the Indian Army as a Doctor:
- A candidate must have done BDS with a minimum of 60% marks in the final year or
- A candidate who has done MDS from any recognized Institute or University.
- A candidate should have also completed a rotary Internship
- The candidate must have a permanent Dental registration Certificate.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate for the BDS should not be more than 28 years old.
- The age limit for the MDS should not be more than 30 years old.
These are the ways to join the Indian Army as a doctor. You can check all other details on the official website of the Indian Army www.joinindianarmy.nic.in Well, It is not that easy to become a doctor in the Armed forces. One need to prepare very well for the exams and Interview.
FAQs For How To Join The Indian Army As A Doctor
No, One must have passed class 12th with Biology as a mandatory subject.
The candidate’s age should be between 17 years old to 22 years old. There is no relaxation in this, it will be the same for all.
No, there is no direct way to become a doctor in the Indian Army service. But, One can appear for the AFMC Examination to pursue the medical course and become a doctor in Army after the completion of the course.