How to perform better in GD (Group Discussion)
Joining defence is not that easy, One will have to prepare so well in order to clear the selection phase. Here in this article, we will get to know the details about How To Perform Better In GD (Group Discussion). To get compete for details about its preparation, One must check the complete article below:
The group discussion is conducted in almost every defence examination. Onne will have to appear for the GD somewhere, somehow if has the aim to join the Indian Armed forces either its Army, Navy or Airforce etc. Here we will see some tips and tricks to prepare better for this round and give your best while GD. let’s see the details about this.
NDA Latest News for Women, Supreme Court Allows Women to sit in the NDA
What is GD (Group Discussion) Round?
The GD Stands for group discussion. In this round, you will be sitting with 10 to 15 people and on the given, you have discussed and shared your views about that particular. The Topic could be anything, it can be related to politics, Recent news, global warming or anything related to the defence sector etc.
This is conducted in almost every defence entries selection phase. This is the round through which the examiners or selectors check the overall capability of the thinking power of the candidates.
Tips to perform better in GD (Group Discussion):
Remember, In this round, you just have to share your views and nothing else. While speaking, do not take the side of one individual, keep yourself neutral and mention the facts that are relevant and sound good.
The Examiner always choose a very easy topic for the discussion, so that you could speak maximum over that topic. One should not hesitate and mention the point which is relevant and add some value to your discussion etc. Well, this is a Group Discussion, everybody has to speak, give chance to others as well as to mention their views and points.
Always wait for your turn to speak and do not talk bullshit or try to become smart by making cross-cutting anyone’s point. You can cut that point of anyone or can counter his/her point by sharing your views. While discussing, never mention, Wrong, No, It is not right or you are lier etc.
Best Study Materials for NDA Exam, Best Book for NDA Exam
A person may be wrong but you should not make him feel embarrassed and make him feel uncomfortable. Mention your points gently and agree with the other’s point as well, if saying any relevant. There is no win or loss in this round. One will be given marks on the basis of their performance in the discussion. Your points will make you gain marks.
How to prepare for GD (Group Discussion):
Basically, there are no proven techniques to prepare for the Group Discussion round. One can just focus on your vocabulary and improve your overall speaking techniques. Read Books, Learn proper grammar, Choose a topic by yourself and try to speak maximum over that.
For better preparation for it, you can join the cadet’s point defence academy. CPDA has a team of ex- Defense officers and Interviewers who train and educate the students in all manners and make them eligible to clear the Selection phases.
There are also many books available for the Group Discussion Preparation that are full of tips, tricks and trending topics etc. You can use that too but I think that is useless and just a waste of money. For the preparation of this, the books are not effective at all. You can check the layout of it and prepare it according to your schedules and plans. There is nothing difficult in this. The preparation can be done easily. Let’s see some topics for Group Discussion that can be given to you in your upcoming exams.
Documents required to carry for Airforce X and Y Phase II Selection Process
Trending GD Topics 2021:
Here is the list of the top 50 Group Discussion topics that are trending and can be given to you for the discussion. Check each topic and prepare yourself for each one of these:
- Taliban rule in Afghanistan – Impact on India
- Impact of COVID-19 on mental health
- How to prevent COVID third wave in India?
- Post-Covid world
- Union Budget 2021-22
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence
- Is the United Nations still relevant?
- Should anonymity be allowed on the internet?
- How will 2020 shape 2021?
- Fit India Movement
- Bifurcation of Jammu & Kashmir
- Disaster Management in India
- Let’s Discuss – Day 28 | Participate in the Group Discussion
- UAPA (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Union Budget – 2019-20
- Doubling of Farmers’ Income by 2022 – How can India achieve this?
- Coastal security of India
- How can India become a superpower?
- Syrian crisis
- India – Russia relations
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
- Changing relation between India and Bangladesh
- ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy
- Major challenges for the Modi government 2.0
- Blood is thicker than water – Abstract GD topic
- Mechanisms adopted to combat terrorism
- India – Iran Relations
- Defence Budget 2019-20
- Should Bihar be given Special category status?
- Nationalism vs Regionalism
- India-France Relations
- Is nuclear disarmament mandatory to achieve World Peace?
- Criminalization of politics
- National Register of Citizens – Merits & Demerits
- Who serves the country most – Teachers or Solider?
- Abrogation of Article 370
- India-US relations
- India’s role in its neighbouring countries
- Is the concept of non-violence still applicable?
- “America First” Policy: Good or bad for World Geopolitics?
- India has a long coastal line. Is it an advantage or Liability?
- Elections in India – 2019
- Youth empowerment is necessary for any country’s development. According to you what should India focus on, for Youth empowerment?
- India – Pakistan relations
- Freedom of Press in India
- Modernisation of armed forces etc.
I hope you got the answer to How to perform better in GD Group Discussion Round. For any information related to the defence and its preparation, feel free to contact the cadet’s point defence academy.
Why Choose CPDA for Defense Exam Preparations
FAQs For How To Perform Better In GD
The preparation can be done at home as well, One just needs to learn the techniques to speak in GD and How to counter others’ points etc.
The topics can be anything, it can be related to politics, Agriculture or any hot topics etc.
In the defence exam, generally, 8 to 15 candidates are there in a single GD round.
This blog was all about the How To Perform Better In GD (Group Discussion). I hope you got the complete details about this. To prepare for the Defence Exam, you can join the Cadets Point Defence Academy and get proper education and training about the exam, Interviews, Physical Fitness and Medical Fitness etc. You can check the official website www.cadetspointdefenceacademy.com to get details or to know more about the Institute.