Indian Navy SSR/AA Selection Process and Eligibility Criteria
In order to join the Indian Navy, There are many entries through which one can become a part of the service. Here in this article, I will share with you the complete details about the Indian Navy SSR/AA Selection Process and Eligibility Criteria etc. To get detailed information about this, check the article below:
Indian Navy SSR stands for Senior Secondary Recruit and AA stands for Artificer Apprentice. Basically, they are known as sailors. This is one of the finest vacancies to get posted in the Indian Navy Service as a sailor on a reputed post.
Indian Navy SSR/AA Selection Process and other details:
Through the Indian Navy SSR/AA Vacancy, one can join the technical & Non-technical Branches of the Indian Navy Service. The Selection of the candidate through this will be done on the basis of the three phases of selection. One will need to clear the:
- Computer-Based Examination,
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Medical Examinations
After the Application form, All the candidates will appear for the Computer-based Tests and those who would clear this phase will proceed for teh next phase which is the Physical Fitness Test and the Medical Examination etc. The Selection Phase is not too tough to clear, One can do so easily with the right study materials. Now let’s see the eligibility criteria required to apply for the vacancy and after that, we will see the Syllabus of the Written Exam, How to apply for the vacancy, Documents required etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Navy SSR/AA:
The Eligibility Criteria for the Indian Navy SSR and Navy AA Vacancy is a bit different. Here is the required educational qualification for the SSR and AA Entry:
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- For AA (Artificer Apprentice) Candidate must have Physics, Maths, Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science at 10+2 level.
- For SSR (Senior Secondary Recruit) Candidates must have Physics, Math’s, Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science at 10+2 level.
- For both the vacancies candidate age should be between 17 to 20 on the day of enrollment.
This is the complete educational criteria and age limit required for the vacancy. In order to apply for any defence vacancy. It is mandatory to be fit and fine in all manner. A minor mistake or problem in the medical or physical can be a reason for rejection.
Navy SSR/AA Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
- Candidate need to appear for the online test. Which is called Computer based Test (CBT)
- Question paper would have 100 questions.
- Time duration 1 hours.
- Each question will carry 1 marks.
- For each right answer candidate will be given 1 marks
- And for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
This is the exam pattern of the Navy SSR/AA Examination. One will need to prepare the following subjects for the computer-based written exam:
- General knowledge
- Correction of sentence
- Change active to passive
- Passive to active voice
- Change directly to indirect
- Indirect to direct
- Relation and function
- Complex numbers
- Quadratic equation
- Sequence and series
- Cartesian system of rectangular coordinates straight lines family of straight lines circles etc. for the complete syllabus of maths you have to study from the NCERT books of class 11th and 12th.
- Physical world and measurement
- Kinematic laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- System of particles and rigid body gravitation
- The mechanic of solids and fluids
- Oscillation and waves
- Electrostatics and current electricity. For the complete syllabus of science, you have to study from the NCERT books of class 11th and 12th
General knowledge- there is no particular syllabus for this. The question can be asked from anywhere, so prepare for each and every topic regarding general knowledge. You can buy books for this from the market. The question would be asked from this syllabus up to 10+2 level. You can prepare for this through your NCERT books or you can buy books of Navy SSR/AA.
How to apply for Navy SSR/AA Vacancy and Documents Required:
In order to apply for the vacancy, One will need to visit the official website of the Indian Navy and follow the procedure as said below:
- Go to the official website of the Indian Navy www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and register yourself.
- Then login to your account
- Then click on the “current opportunity” and apply online.
- Do accordingly as said in the instruction.
One would need to have the following documents in scanned form. There may be some changes in the latest vacancy. As per the last vacancy, these are the documents that are needed to submit while applying for this.
- Scanned passport size photo
- Scanned signature,
- Scanned thumb impression
- High school mark sheet
- Intermediate mark sheet
- Caste certificate ( for OBC & SC-ST) etc.
It is tough to join the service as the completion is too much in this field. Make sure to join the best academy and get proper training and education about this. You can join the cadet’s point defence academy to get proper training and education. Our team will help you in all manner to get clear the exam on the very first attempt.
This blog was all about the Indian Navy SSR/AA Selection Process and Eligibility Criteria. I hope you got the complete details about this. To prepare for the Defence Exam, you can join the Cadets Point Defence Academy and get proper education and training about the exam, Interviews, Physical Fitness and Medical Fitness etc. You can check the official website www.cadetspointdefenceacademy.com to get details or to know more about the Institute.