What is Sports Quota Entry in Armed Forces, How to Join Army Forces through Sports Quota
There are a number of ways to join the Indian Armed forces. one becomes eligible to apply for vacancies right after passing class 10th. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the Sports Quota Entry in the Armed forces, How can a sports person join the Army, Navy or Airforce etc. We will get to know the complete required eligibility criteria and what are the available options in this field etc.
What are the Armed forces Sports Quota Entry:
There are many ways to join the Indian Armed forces. the Sports Quota Entry in the Armed forces is one of them. The Sports Quota entry is basically an entry for that person who has achieved something better in the field of sports. The Indian Armed forces release the special for those candidates to join the service as an officer or as a soldier, sailor or Airmen etc. The following sports disciplines are allowed.
- Artistic Gymnastics
- Kayaking & Canoeing
- Sailing and Wind Surfing etc
Required Eligibility Criteria to Apply for the vacancy:
Through the sports quota entry in the Armed forces, A candidate gets offered the various posts and the required criteria for each post is different. Here are the details about each post. The Eligibility criteria requirement depends on the type of post that one is opting for:
- The educational qualification also depends on the type of post you are opting for.
- Candidate should have participated in International/National/State level at Junior/Senior level or represented any University in Inter-University tournament
- Should have secured a minimum of 6 positions in National (Sr.) or 3 positions in National (Juniors) or 3 positions in Inter-University Meet.
- The age of the candidate must be between 17 years old to 28 years old depeing upon the type of entry or type of post you are opting for. The age will be the same for all candidates, there is no relaxation has been given to any candidate
In order to apply for both the vacancies, A candidate must be fit in all manner. No medical or physical issues should be there. Minor mistakes in the medical or physical can be a good reason for rejection.
Selection Process of Armed Forces Sports Quota Entry:
The application format that has been provided at official sites must be sent in a respected manner. The selection procedure is as follows:-
- The application will be received only through an ORDINARY POST. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher sports achievements.
- Call up letters to eligible short-listed candidates will be posted, indicating the date, time and place for the selection trial.
- All original certificates and mark sheets are to be produced at the time of the selection trial.
- Candidates declared medically Temporary Unfit in the recruitment medical examination can avail of specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/appeal is permissible.
- Candidates declared Medically Permanent Unfit in the recruitment medicals can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital within 21 days on payment of Rs. 40 /- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon the available vacancies in particular sports disciplines.
- The candidature of candidates selected is valid for the current batch only.
- All select listed candidates will also be forwarded the Police Verification form along with the Offer of Enrolment and the candidates will be required to submit the same to head office of the Indian Navy, Indian Army or Indian Airforce etc whichever forces you are opting for. Hamla at the time of enrolment after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports will not be eligible for enrolment.
How to Apply for the Armed forces Sports Quota Recruitment:
The Application form is accepted offline only. You have to fill out the form manually and send it to the selection board. Make sure that you have submitted all the documents that are asked to submit. Make a proper envelope send the form to the given address below:
Make sure to fill your carefully, A minor mistake in the application form can be the reason for rejection. If any candidate will apply more than once then he will be disqualified. Before applying, read the complete information related to recruitment carefully and apply only after that.
FAQs For Sports Quota Entry In the Armed Forces
Yes, But to become an officer you may get relaxation for the written exam but the SSB Interview is mandatory to clear in every manner to become an officer in the Indian Armed force service.
A candidate must be at least 17 years old to be eligible to apply for the sports quota entry of Indian Armed forces like Navy, Airforce and Army etc.
Yes, the Indian Armed forces allow you to play your sports and represent the country at the national-international level.