Territorial Army Officer Entry 2022, Join TA as an Officer
There are many ways to serve the nation. The Territorial Army is also one of them but the Territorial Army is not a regular Army. Most people are confused regarding the Territorial Army. Here in this article, I will share with you the complete details about Territorial Army Officer Entry. You will get to know the Selection Process and required Eligibility Criteria etc.
The Territorial Army is not a regular Army of India. It is basically an organization that only comes into action in a time of emergency. This service provides an opportunity to the candidate to become an officer in the territorial Army which is pretty much similar in terms of training, duty etc. Let’s see the complete details about the selection process Eligibility Criteria etc.
|Exam name||Territorial Army Officers|
|Conducted by||Territorial Army|
|Name of posts||Territorial Army (Non-Departmental) for Civilians and Ex-Servicemen|
|Exam stages||Civilians: Screening (Written exam and interview), SSB, Medical Board for final selection Ex-Servicemen: Interview only|
|Exam duration||Civilians: Two hours|
|Exam type||Civilians: Objective-type (OMR answer sheet is used)|
Territorial Army Officer Entry 2022:
Most of the time for the recruitment of the territorial Army, the selection board gives the ads in the newspaper or you can also check the Available vacancies on the official website to apply for Territorial Army Officer Entry. In the selection process, there is a different selection process for civilians and ex-servicemen. In order to become an officer, one will need to clear:
- Screening Stage
- SSB Interview
- Medical Exam
- All India Merit list etc.
Most of the time the selection for Jawans in the Territorial Army is indirect recruitment. In this you do not have to appear for any written test, You just have to clear some Physical tests like Running, Push-ups Sit-ups etc. After that, you have to appear for the medical exam which is conducted by Military Doctors.
To be eligible for Territorial Army Officer Entry. For the officer’s entry into the Territorial Army. The candidate must have done graduation from any recognized University or Institute. You can check the vacancy on the Official Website of the Indian Army.
The Educational Qualification which is required to Join Territorial Army India Soldiers is just class 10th Candidate need to have class 10th certificate for the Territorial Army India.
The selection procedure of the officers is also different as compared to the soldier’s entry. To be an officer, one will have to clear the Written Examination, SSB Interview Medical examination etc. It is mandatory in the Indian Armed forces, In order to become an officer, one will have to clear the SSB Interview. There is no entry of officers into the service without an SSB Interview.
The age the candidate must be between 18 years old to 42 years old. There are some relaxation has been given to the candidates like Army Widow, legally Separated Women etc. To get complete details about the relaxation Criteria, you must visit the official website because it keeps on changing every year.
Documents Required to apply for the Vacancy:
Online forms are available on the internet free of cost. Must download and take a printout on legal paper or A4 size paper.
- All the educational qualifications include a graduation certificate from any field whether from Science, Commerce, or Arts.
- Latest Medical physical certificate of the candidate from any government hospital or registered MBBS doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof of the candidate in which photo is attached like Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Copy of the residential proof like Aadhar Card etc.
- Certificate for Age Proof. To prove the age of the candidate class 10th mark sheet is required or the certificate of date of birth can also work.
- People who are already employed in government jobs, Union territory, state, semi-government or private sector need to prove by bringing a service certificate along with ‘No objection certificate from the job in which the candidate is currently working.
- Self-employed candidates need to attach an affidavit on a non-judicial paper of minimum value date and the annual income of the candidate with a copy of the PAN card, photograph, and character certificate.
- Copy of ITR ( income tax return ) to prove the annual income of the candidate.
- Copy of identity proofs like Aadhar card, PAN card, and copy of release order is also needed.
Medical Requirement for Territorial Army Officers Entry:
To become eligible for Territorial Army Officer Entry or want to be a part of this for a long time, you will need to be fit and healthy all the time. A minor mistake in the medical examination or physical standard can cause permanent rejection from the service. The Medical examination while joining the service is done very strictly by the military doctor at the Military Hospitals. In the medical examination, one will need to appear for all kinds of medical checkups like Chest X-ray, Lungs check, Kidney, Liver and all other body organs.
The Doctor makes the final report after the proper checkups. If you have any minor problem that is correctable and can be corrected within six months, you may get time for the treatment of this. If you get a permanent rejection, there is no way to get back.
FAQs For Territorial Army Officer Entry
The territorial Army is a part-time concept with mandatory two months of training in a year and does not provide a full-time career.
Yes, if one is in the final year of graduation can apply for the Territorial Army Officers Entry.
Yes, both married and unmarried are allowed to apply for the Territorial Army Officer Entry.