Types of Questions Asked in the SSB Interview
There are many types of Interviews in India. Here we will talk about the SSB Interview which stands for Service Selection Board. You may have an idea that this Interview is completely different from the other interviews. There are many rounds of selection in this and it is extremely hard to clear if one is not well prepared for this. Here we will get to know the types of questions asked in the SSB Interview and How to answer etc. let’s see the complete details about this Interview.
There are many ways to appear for the SSB Interview. One can appear for NDA Entry, CDS Entry, INET Entry, AFCAT Entry and many other direct entries as well. But, remember, To be an Officer in the Indian Armed forces either its Indian Navy, Indian Army or Indian Airforce etc. One will have to crack the SSB. There is no way to become an officer without Service Selection Board Interview.
What is SSB Interview:
One will have to crack the SSB five days process to Join the Indian Armed forces as an Officer. The process of this is completely different. one has to be in the Interview for five days and appear for the different tests and activities etc. Here is the complete process of the Interview:
Day-1 of the SSB Interview:
- Reporting ( at MCO moment control office)
- Documents Check
- Form filling
- Verbal, non-verbal intelligence test
- Picture Perception description test (PPDT)
Day 2 of the SSB Interview: On the 2nd day, you will have to clear a few more tests also, some tests of these rounds would be written, and a few would be verbal etc. One will appear for:
- Thematic Apperception Test
- Word Association Test
- Situation Reaction Test
- Self Description Test
Day-3 of the SSB Interview:
- Group discussion
- Group planning exercise
- Progressive group task
- Half group task
- Individual obstacle task
- Command task
- Group obstacle task
Remember this is a group activity, so perform with your group, never try to show that you are the best. Act Accordingly.
Day–4 of the SSB Interview: Personal Interview: You must have heard about the personal Interview It is the same as that, An Examiner is free to ask anything. You have to reply gently. We have discussed below the types of questions asked in the SSB Interview personal round.
Day-5 of the SSB Interview: Conference: This is not any test. You will be shown your results and qualified candidates will be congratulated and disqualified candidates will be told, why they could not qualify.
Most of the days in the Interview would be activities and tests. On the fourth day of the Interview, You will be asked question-related about your life and as well as some subjective questions because that is personal round questions. Here is the list of questions that may be asked and usually asked in the Interview:
Types of Questions asked in the SSB Interview: Personal Interview Round
Well, The Examiner or Interviewer is free to ask any question, he or she is free to ask any question. Here is the list of types of questions asked in the SSB Interview and these questions are usually asked in the Interview:
- What is the meaning of your name?
- Meaning of other member’s names in your family.
- Name of place you come from and it’s significance.
- Any famous personality who come from the same place as yours
- Everything about your previous and current profession.
- Your 3 weaknesses and strengths.
- What all activities you do in your spare time.
- Your hobbies and interests.
- Also, tell me about your daily routine from morning till night.
- What type of friends you like.
- What type of friends you do not like.
- What places have you visited with your friends?
- Tell 3 qualities of your best friend.
- Tell 3 differences between you and your best friend.
- Tell 3 qualities you do not like in your best friend.
- How your friend will describe you?
- What are 3 things your friends do not like about you?
- Why are these people your friends,
- Tell a few instances where you helped your friends.
- How many members are there in your family.
- Who do you not like in your family and why?
- Give a short description and your relationship with each member, closer to whom, why closer, whom you admire.
- Compare yourself with a common quality of your family.
- Compare yourself with any of your brother/s or sister/s.
- 3 things you do not like in your father.
- How your parents will describe you.
- How your siblings will describe you.
- Occupation of working members in the family, job profile, salary etc.
- What are your plans on getting married to your girl/boyfriend?
- Have you ever had physical relations with someone?
- Do you watch porn?
- Why do you watch porn?
- What quality do you like in your GF/BF?
- What do you know about Indian armed forces?
- Tell me 3 current affairs in news right now?
- Why do you want to join the defence?
- What if you didn’t make it?
- What are your alternate career options?
- Did you try for NDA, why not succeeded?
- Why not proper efforts were given?
- How will you benefit the organisation if selected?
- What improvements do you think are required in Indian armed forces?
- What is your stand on Kashmir Issue?
- What do you think about the modernization of the armed forces?
To prepare better for the Interview one should join the CPDA (Cadet’s Point Defense Academy). We have a team of ex-defence examiners and Ex- SSB Interviewers who can easily train you well for the Interview. You can find our details below and contact us, Our team will help you in all manner.
This blog was all about the types of questions asked in the SSB Interview. I hope you got the complete details about this. To prepare for the Defence Exam, you can join the Cadets Point Defence Academy and get proper education and training about the exam, Interviews, Physical Fitness and Medical Fitness etc. You can check the official website www.cadetspointdefenceacademy.com to get details or to know more about the Institute.