What is Territorial Army India, How it is Different from Regular Army
The Territorial Army is not a regular Army. Most of the people are confused regarding the Territorial Army. Here in this article, I am going to share with you the complete details about How to join Territorial Army India. What are the required eligibility criteria and who is eligible to join the service etc? Check out the complete blog below to get details about the Territorial Army India.
A territorial army is a part-time job because they serve for 1 to 2 months a year. It is not a permanent employment source. Indian Army and territorial Army India are completely different. One duties period, as well as the training period of the territorial Army, is very less as compared to the regular Army. There are so many similarities between them like the Selection Process of the Officers and Soldiers but the eligibility Criteria requirement is completely different.
What is Territorial Army?
The territorial army is a part of the regular army and currently, the amount of personnel of the territorial army is around fifty thousand including territorial army units like Railway, IOC, ONGC, infantry battalion, ecological battalion, etc. The personnel of the Territorial Army lives adventurous life and the officers have been decorated for their gallantry and so far they have earned gallantry awards like Kirti Chakra, veer chakra, Shaurya Chakra, etc. many celebrities, politicians, entrepreneurs, etc have joined the Territorial army. Now let’s see the complete eligibility Criteria requirement to join the Territorial Army India.
Territorial Army Eligibility Criteria:
In order to join the territorial army as a Soldier. One just needs to pass class 10th from any recognized Board. And the age of the candidate must be between 18 years old to 42 years old etc. Here is the following eligibility requirement to become an officer in the territorial Army India.
- CITIZENSHIP– The candidate must be a citizen of India because the outsiders can not be a part of the army.
- QUALIFICATION: Graduation is needed if you are willing to appear for the territorial army. Graduation from any field like Commerce, Science, Arts.
- PHYSICAL: The candidate must be physically healthy and the height of the candidate must be normal and mental health should also be healthy and should be medically fit.
- EMPLOYMENT: As it is not full-time employment and the candidates appearing for the territorial army must prefer another job for their living. This includes people who are already working in some fields like medicals, accountants, entrepreneurs, businessmen, etc.
- NOT ELIGIBLE: People who are already part of the Indian Army, Air force, Indian Navy, General reserve Engineer Force ( GREF ), Paramilitary, and other Indian forces are not allowed to be part of the Territorial Army.
This is the complete eligibility criteria to join the Territorial Army as an Officer or as a Soldier. Now let’s see the selection process and after that, we will see the details like Duty period, Salary, and syllabus that one has to prepare for the exam, etc.
Selection in Territorial Army as an Officer:
In the selection process, there is a different selection process for civilians and ex-servicemen. In order to become an officer, one will need to clear:
- Screening Stage
- SSB Interview
- Medical Exam
- All India Merit list
Students who have been appearing for the territorial army are called for the screening. Screening includes two types of exams i.e written exam and interview. In the written exam, there will be test reasoning, general knowledge, Mathematics, and command of language and the second is an interview which is conducted by the PIB ( preliminary interview board ).
SSB Interview (Service Selection Board):
Candidates who are willing to join the territorial army have to qualify for the Interview conducted by the service selection board. This Interview is completely different from any formal or regular Interview. This Interview is five days long and each day different types of activities will be conducted. One will need to perform each day better in order to gain sufficient marks to get qualified.
Candidates must be physically and mentally fit and have to undergo proper health checkups and medical examinations of the physical body will be conducted according to meet the standards set by the military hospitals.
Online forms are available on the internet free of cost. Must download and take a printout on legal paper or A4 size paper.
- All the educational qualifications including graduation certificate from any field whether from Science, Commerce, or Arts.
- Latest Medical physical certificate of the candidate from any government hospital or registered MBBS doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof of the candidate in which photo is attached like Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Copy of the residential proof like Aadhar Card etc.
- Certificate for Age Proof. To prove the age of the candidate class 10th mark sheet is required or the certificate of date of birth can also work.
- People who are already employed in government jobs, Union territory, state, semi-government or private sector need to prove by bringing service certificate along with ‘No objection certificate from the job in which the candidate is currently working.
- Self-employed candidates need to attach an affidavit on a non-judicial paper of minimum value date and the annual income of the candidate with a copy of the PAN card, photograph, and character certificate.
- Copy of ITR ( income tax return ) to prove the annual income of the candidate.
- Copy of identity proofs like Aadhar card, PAN card, copy of release order is also needed.
Syllabus of Territorial Army Written Examination:
For the Written Examination, one will need to prepare the following subjects:
- Elementary Mathematics
- General Knowledge
- English etc
- Logical problems
- Analytical reasoning
- Number series
- Cause and effect
- Statement and conclusion
- Verbal classification
- Data interpretation
- Logical deductions
- Blood relations
- Alphanumeric series
- Letter and symbol series
- Statement and argument
- Unitary method
- Number sense and numeration
- Time and distances
- Elementary number theory
- Simple equations
- Profit and loss
- Boats and cisterns
- Ratio and proportion
- Compound interest
- Data management
- Ratio and proportion
- Problems of HCF and LCM
The duration of the exam is 2 hours and the minimum marks are 100 ( 50+50) 50 for general knowledge and 50 for English.
- Countries and capital
- Static GK
- International events
- Fiscal and monetary awareness
- Science and technology
- Art and culture
- Famous days in history
- Inventions and discovery
- Indian geography
- Constitution of India
- Literature ( famous books and authors )
- Sentence completion
- Active and passive voice
- Comprehension passage
- Passage completion
- Jumbled paragraphs
- One two substitutions
- Idioms and phrases
- Sentence correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence arrangement
- Spelling check
There is no fixed vacancy released by the Territorial Army India. Keep on checking the Official website to get more details about the Territorial Army India.
FAQs For What is Territorial Army India
One can join the Indian Territorial Army from 18 years old to 42 years old etc.
Yes, You can join the territorial Army after the 10th as a Soldier.
No, Any government official can not join the territorial Army.